Saturday, September 18, 2010

VOICES FROM UNDER THE SOUTHERN CROSS 09/18/00

Mom sent out two postings on 09/18/00 ~ this is the 2nd. It's also the posting I sent down to Karen & Mike on their 2009 wedding day.

Subj: voices from under the Southern Cross
Date: Mon Sep 18 21:49:34 EDT 2000

I am tickled. Today, I got a letter from dear Dot Heldon and a posting from my granddaughter, Karen. I am, as Kerry says, over the moon with happiness.

Dot's letter was balm to my soul, written large enough that I could actually read it. Oh, that felt good to actually READ something. It was great to share news of ancient aches and to hear about her grandchildren. I miss her so very much. Having her letter with me in the living room somehow made Australia seem a little closer.

Then, just a few minutes ago, a posting appeared from Karen, the 2nd within a day. I practically bounced out of my chair when Elsa brought it up and read it to me. It is amazing living in an age when friends across the sea - and another sea and another sea - are so close by in spirit. I am attaching what Karen sent, which I hope you will like as much as this doting Nan did.

REMEMBER WHAT THIS SAYS!
~ No man/woman is worth your tears and the only one who is, will never make you cry.

~ If you love someone, put their name in a circle, instead of a heart, because hearts can break, but circles go on forever.

~ Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say.

~ If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them.

~ Don't frown, because you never know who's falling in love with your smile!

~ “If you judge people, you have no time to love them" ~Mother Teresa

~ "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle." ~Plato

~ It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone and a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone."

~ Enthusiasm is contagious. You could start an epidemic!

~ Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future. Today is a gift, that is why we call it the present.

The note closed by asking everyone who received the note to “pay it forward” to everyone they will never forget and send it back to the person who sent it to them too, just to show them that they‘ll never be forgotten.

Karen - you know your Nan will never forget you!

Love and hugs to all my near and dear - Nan Lockhart

No comments:

Post a Comment