Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hiatus

Much to my own surprise, I took a hiatus between when Mom took that final fall and her memorial celebration, which I mistakenly recalled as today, October 16. (This morning, realized I'd flipped her dates - she was reunited with her O! Best Beloved on September 16 and her memorial was October 14, although I'll always & forever associate it with October's middle Sunday.)

Maybe it was too tender to be sharing her postings, my updates over those very tender days.

What I do know for absolute sure is how powerfully my mother has influenced my life in many marvelous, even miraculous ways over these past ten years, which closed - for me - today. Looking back at all I experienced, being mindful of the very active hand she seemed to have in so many of its best aspects, most revealing moments & expanding opportunities, am reminded again of what I said when Mom passed from us - "Mom didn't have a lot to leave as an inheritance. What she left is much like those old drawings that were once popular at store openings or special events ~ you had to be present to win."

And if you pushed me to say whether I do or don't believe she had an active hand in all that has happened over the past ten years that have lead me to such a glorious embarkation point to the rest of forever, I'd have to answer yes. If only because... of what I can't express. It resides in a heavenly realm.

So, now the hiatus is over. For the next month or so - as I wait for Michael David to send me the COMPLETE set of Mom's Mindwalker1910 postings - expect a reposting of "Best of Mindwalker" musings. And may heavenly blessings be on you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment