Tuesday, May 25, 2010

SPRING FLOWERS 02/28/00

Subj: Mindwalkers - spring flowers
Date: 2/28/00 11:08:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time

A young friend on a discussion list I belong to had a wonderful posting about planting pansies to welcome her gardener husband home from a weekend and about the early spring flowers putting in an appearance around her property. Unless Elsa takes me out this weekend, it will be some time before I see spring flowers, so I loved being able to at least see Caroline's property in my mind's eye.

I gardened wherever we have lived in Bryn Athyn - Alden Road (two houses), Cherry Lane, Woodland Road. Woodland Road was my greatest challenge, because every time I planted something, Danny Schmucker (our landlord) would mow it down. But that never stopped me.

I planted red, white and blue petunias for the nation's Bicentennial and they were in full bloom on July 4th. We have a much loved picture of a grandson, Reynolds, who was around four at the time, sitting in the midst of them, with a wonderful smile on his face.

Thinking about flowers makes me think of part of one of my favorite songs - "Peace like a garland, fragrant and living, crowneth forever all the gifts of Thy giving ~ Thy will and Thy wisdom, our Guide and our Stay."

This tired Grammie is heading up the wooden hill. Big day tomorrow ~ my first battery of preadmission testing starts at 8:00 a.m. It will be interesting - I usually sleep until at least 9:00.

Love to all ~ Mom/Mum/Mother/Gocky/Grammie/Grammie Kay/Nan/Aunt Kay/Kay

reposted with sweet memories of its author, Katharine Reynolds Lockhart, by her scribe/daughter, Elsa Lockhart Murphy aka Deev

No comments:

Post a Comment