Tuesday, August 10, 2010

BLESSING FROM STAR 05/03/00

Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 23:32:58 EDT
Subject: Blessings from Star


It is late. In fact, it is - for me - very late. I feel reluctant to let the day, which has been so blessed, end.

Today was filled with so many different blessings.

I went to a cathedral service for the first time in over two years. I would have to have been unconscious to miss Star's memorial service, or celebration, as I like to think of it.

It was interesting to sit in the cathedral and experience the general sphere, without being able to hear the specifics of what Robin Childs was saying. The aura, which was all I could connect with, was intense and strangely happy.

I felt Star's blessings all around. Just being there, in my beloved cathedral, was my first, followed by so many more.

Fate guided the two of us to where we sat, as it turned out I was in direct line of sight of Mim, sitting at the end of a pew several rows up on the other side.

As you can imagine, my motherly instinct was to reach out to her, but we were separated by people and other things. As she wiped away tears, I was grieved that I could not be there to comfort her. Then a long arm came around her shoulder - Peter was sitting next to her, offering comfort and caring support. I felt so blessed at that moment. For the two of them to have gotten as close as they clearly have is truly miraculous.

A favorite saying of mine is "When God closes a door, He opens a window." I was happy to experience how happy my spirit was realizing they can turn to each other, if not to me, for emotional support. Another blessing from Star.

Watching her husband, Bob, release the single balloon after the service, with a calypso-beat version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and "What a Wonderful World It Could Be" in the background, was cathartic. It felt like watching Star's indomitable spirit soaring.* There was so much love gathered in the sunshine outside the cathedral. Still another blessing from Star.

It had not dawned on me that there would be so many people who are especially dear to my heart. Person after person who has touched my life for decades and decades and decades came up for a hug. So many blessings!

If it startled Elsa when I asked her to drop by the house to pick me up for the service, she got an even bigger surprise when I told her after the service that I wanted to go to the reception. My energy levels have to so low, I haven't been able to handle sitting in a regular Sunday service, yet this afternoon, I seemed filled with energy. Would you believe that I ended up being among the last to leave! Another blessing from Star. With each person who came up to give a hug or to chat, it felt as if I got stronger. Instead of feeling worn out, I felt revved up. That went beyond blessings to downright miraculous!

I am a thoroughly happy woman.

I watched two of my children giving and accepting loving support. That is a big thing.

I was washed over with love from so many wonderful people.

I even managed to hear at least one fully heavenly moment - when Margie Cranch Echols and her family sang a beautiful song, a cappella. I felt so uplifted, I expected to see my feet had come off the floor.

Tonight, I feel light as air. So many feelings, they are impossible to even attempt describing them. Words make them seem so much smaller than the way they feel in my heart.

Good night, Star. May you bless our lives forever.

Much love - Mrs. Lockhart

*I'd like a balloon released at my own memorial celebration, with "When You Wish Upon a Star" followed by Willie Nelson singing, "On the Road Again"

reposted in sweet memory of its author, KATHARINE REYNOLDS LOCKHART, by her scribe/daughter, Elsa Lockhart Murphy aka Deev, in celebration of the 05/14 centenary of Mrs. Lockhart's centenary>

No comments:

Post a Comment