Wednesday, December 15, 2010

TWO FINE FUZZIES 11/15/00

Subj: two fine Fuzzies
Date: Wed Nov 15 22:49:00 EST 2000

After our glorious four days at DisneyWorld, Elsa and I decamped for several more days with Bob & Lois Furry, the hosts with the most.

They have a marvelous little big house right on the edge of a nature preserve. Lois has tales of crocodiles walking along the edge of their property. Instead of a deck out back, they have a luxury of luxuries - a cozy little pool. I love water, whether it is the ocean, a lake, a river, a stream - or a pool. It was lovely looking out at it, and I felt sad I had not packed a swimming suit.

When I think of Lois and Bob's house, the word tranquility comes to mind. It is a soothing place. We liked it right well. Having those days of just being with friends, taking our ease, gave us a chance to recoup and recharge. Bob and Lois treated us like royalty. What I remember most - aside from my favorite part, which was shooting the breeze - was going to Cypress Gardens. Oh, what a beautiful place. The flowers were out of this world. We all commented on how John would have appreciated the outdoor railroad. My favorite part was the conservatory filled with all sorts of beautiful butterflies. It was beyond words.

DisneyWorld was a never-to-be-forgotten experience, but our stay with Bob and Lois was a special time I'll keep forever in my heart.

Their loving friend – Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment