Friday, July 16, 2010

"COME" 07/10/00

Subj: “Come”
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 23:18:19 EDT

In spite of the heat and the humidity - either one an excellent reason for this Ancient One to stay in Squirrel Haven's cool comfort - I did not doubt that I would go to tonight's Caritas meeting, a gathering of people interested in including women in the General Church ministry.

Elsa called up from work around 5:30 to see if I was still interested in going, and I said how I thought so. Since she was working late, she asked John to pick up supper to help us get out the door in time.

It was a surprise to start with worship in Gerry and Emily Jane's beautiful chapel. It was restful and calming - and then Nancy and Michelle came forward to lead worship.

When I set eyes on Nancy in her white robe, I felt a physical shock hit my body. Then I pulled back and said, "Whoa, old girl. You are ‘Old Guard’ and used to things happening a certain way. Let go and allow the service to take you where it will."

In short order, a sense of peace settled over me. It was different, but I was at ease with the difference. I especially loved what they talked about.

Maybe the best reason I can give for why I never doubted I would make it, for however long or short a time, was that I heard the voice say "Come" and I did and I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment