Tuesday, July 13, 2010

DELIGHTS & SURPRISES 03/06/00

Subject: Delights & Surprises
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 21:12:43 EDT

It was delightful to get my hair done today. Having bedraggled hair can make me feel so low and being well-coiffed peps up my spirits.

Wonderful surprise this afternoon. Brenda brought Charlie & Maggie over for a visit - I knew they were coming and I knew they were bringing something for the spring tree, but never in a million years would I have guessed what it was. Bunnies, bunnies and more bunnies. Seven of them, all together – one large, several medium sized, and a few small.

Brenda and the children, I know not how, managed to find places for each and every one of them on the tree without displacing a single bunny already there. If the tree looked terrific before, it looks spectacular now. And they brought a Colobus monkey for me, which they had found during their spring break trip to Washington, D.C. to visit the Smithsonian museums.

We had a delightful visit, filled with love, creativity, lot of gabbing, dances with stuffies, high spirits and Chips Ahoy® cookies. It was a special treat to show off the snapshots of Kimberly and Scott's wedding that Margaret Heldon had made into a special presentation book for me. There was so much happiness in the living room this afternoon that it spilled into every nook & cranny in the house. I bet you can feel my smile, as I dictate this note.

Oh, another photo arrived today. Pam sent a photo of Mim, Whitney, myself and Elsa that she took at Whitney's shower two weeks ago. So many wonderful photos have arrived within the past week. I feel rich.

I also feel tired. Am up the wooden hill and so to bed.

Love to all - Cyber Grammie

reposted in sweet memory of its author, KATHARINE REYNOLD LOCKHART, by her scribe/daughter, Elsa Lockhart Murphy aka Deev, in celebration of the 05/14 centenary of Cyber Grammie's birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment