Thursday, July 22, 2010

WHO IS ME? 07/15/00

Subj: Journaling IV - Who is ME?
Date: 7/15/00 11:28:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Writing about my Old Age Ain't For Sissies posting, KAB wrote “This is a good one for your article. It sounds more like you than some of your earlier Journaling postings. Keep on sharing!”

Kris raises a good point about sounding - or not sounding - like "me." Most of what I have shared over the past week, the Journaling postings she refers to, have come from doing a lot of listening - to all sorts of audio tapes, or having Elsa read aloud to me, since my eyes have not been up to par for over a year. It is hard for even me to know when it is Kay Lockhart having an original thought and when it is Louise Hay or Christiane Northrup or Marianne Williamson or Depak Chopra or Stephen Covey or Barbara Sher or John Bradshaw or Mary Pipher or Antoine de Sainte-Exupery or Nathaniel Branden or Scott Peck or SARK or Alan Cohen or Ram Dass or Carolyn Foster or A.A. Milne and so on and so forth.


ME is changing so fast, it is hard to keep up at times. It feels like more bubbles up to the surface than ever before - well, since I fell in love, married and became a mom for the first time. We are even trying to put together my very own web site, which seems ... well, I do not know what it seems, but it does. Talk about "the times today are a'changing" - who'd 'a thunk that I would set foot anywhere near a meeting of people considering the role of women within the General Church, but there I was Monday evening, feeling right at home, sitting front and center, and enjoying it immensely.


Sorry if I spouted off a bit in this posting. Seems that KAB hit a nerve. Some family members discount what they seem to consider my blusterings, attributing them to Elsa, as if I were a mindless nincompoop who could not have a serious thought of my own. Kris' posting hit a nerve, but it has gotten my curiosity up and running. Which parts did not sound like me? Were they things said or style? Please let me know more and that goes for all of you. One big request – be specific. Generalities leave me hanging about what seemed off key.


Nite-nite and God bless - am off to have my face washed and onto bed!


Love - KRL

No comments:

Post a Comment